Thursday, July 14, 2011

Using-up Scraps of Papers

Hello everybody,

We have been enjoying real summer here these days, for those readers who are not familiar with Irish weather, temperature over 20 C degrees and whole day sunny day is not something we can see very often.

One my last post Triona asked me if I hand stitched that big flower behind the photo: Yes I did. I know it sounds crazy but I always start that and regret when I am about third way through (LOL), but once I finish the project I forgot all 'pain' (LOL) and do it again.
   
 I would like to show you a couple of projects made out of scraps of papers. When I like some paper pack, first it takes me ages to start cutting them, they kind of have to 'mature' with me (LOL) then once I start using them I don't like to waste a bit of them.

   
This one is inspired by LO published in Scrapbooking Trends , not sure which issue was it. I used Basic Grey papers, one very old collection, my home made flowers and Sizzix dies and grunge board (to cut big letter) and Smooch mist. Stamps are Autum Leaves and Making Memories, I think.
The photos of my 2 daughters from last summer holiday. The circle is hand stitched, I again.

The second LO is using leftovers Pink Paslee papers, chipboard sticker and foam letters from last crop I went to. I added the Webster Pages trim and my own flower. This time I used my toy sewing machine for the stitching.

And few close ups:

 
Thanks again for reading my blog, I will be back soon.

Svjetlana x









 

4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous layouts!! very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful LOs! I especially like the first one, it's so light and 'airy'. And I know what you mean about not being able to use beautiful papers and leaving them to 'mature' - I do that, too (thought I was the only one... ;) )!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW they are both fab svjetlana, I love them...

    both the rosette and flower are gorgeous, did you punch the edge of the paper for the rosette before cutting it out?

    maria xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well Svjetlana - just think you will have to do another crop tutorial on flowers!

    ReplyDelete