Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Monochrome and BW photo Page

Hello everybody,

I have been swamped with the work these days and that will hopefully last for several weeks. However I promised my do-craft buddies to write this page which is a part of our monthly challenge, the challenge is just for fun and inspiration.

The page is already in my gallery and I want to share it with all my readers:



The photo is of me, and the title says 'The First Steps'. Even the photos do not capture my first steps, those were first photos of me walking and they were taken by a photographer visiting the school where my mum used to work. This was school in very rural place, hard to reach at the time and two us were staying there during the school term. There is a big tag behind the photos that tells the story.

 To create the background: I started off by applying distress paint (Broken China) on the corners over the Prima 6x6 Crackle Template on mixed media bamboo paper. This was done for completely different page which I decided not to use. The paint was well dried before the next step.  Then I applied  Golden Paste over Chicken wire template (6x6 template) in area where my photos would be.  Before the paste dried I sprayed the page with the Dylusion ink - turquoise blue, generously and with water slightly and left the page to dry well. The paste soaked the ink very well.   

Once the page was dried I took back the crackle template and distress ink - walnut stain and  applied in the corners, I tried to go over the paint 'cracks'  and I applied the ink on the edges of the page. Using the same ink and Tim Holtz stamps I stamped the page - this is mainly covered by the doily and photos.

So the next layer was a large Bo-Bunny doily, inked around the edges and my photos on top.

To decorate the page I used the Webster Pages trim, few Prima flowers - small roses, Prima flower centers and the rest of the flowers is my own using Sizzix dies and mulberry paper, chipboard flourishes and letters are also Sizzix die-cuts  from Tim Hotlz grungeboard, painted, glossed and so on...  Other ingredients include: Hero Arts stamps/dies set, distress markers (for colouring the stamps), glossy accent, Tim Holtz safety pin, crackle ribbon, and tiny tag. Once again lots of Tim Holtz and Prima products ;-).    

I hope you like my page. As usual few close-ups:
      



I have 2 more pages ready for two different challenges, I hope I will manage to post them these days. Watch out this space.  We finally have some sunny weather, lets hope that the temperature will rise soon too.

Have a nice day and thank you for your visit and your comments.

xx

3 comments:

  1. This is so beautiful & textural!! Hope all the work goes well for you too - it's good to be busy when we need the money LOL but hope you can keep scrapping too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful monochromatic page!
    I too love all that yummy texture ;-)
    Thanks !

    ReplyDelete
  3. All I can say is.... WOW!!!!!!!
    Svjetlana, your work just keeps on getting more and more beautiful, I adore this, and what a wonderful photo of you, how lovely! You are very talented! I love this layout :)
    Suzie xxx

    ReplyDelete