Monday, April 28, 2014

Summer Fun Page

Hello everyone

I had busy but very enjoyable weekend; I attended Finnabair's workshop on Saturday and my girls had a Irish dancing feis on Sunday, but more about those in some other posts, today I would like to share with you a page I made to play along on The Memory Nest Blog.

 I had a plan to play this challenge for while, but never had enough time or wasn't sure about a sketch, however this time part of the challenge was to do something that will  put one out of the comfort zone and for me that was the sketch:



So I put my thinking hat on, and came up with this:


Once again I used my mists  (dylusion), inks (distress and archival), stencils (Prima), paste (Golden), stamps (Prima and Hero Arts) and gesso (Ranger) to create the background.
Then I used very old Webster Pages papers and trim, cut out the cards on right side from the papers and I replaced the blocks on left side with big punched border and embellishments. I also made the flair buttons using Prima epoxy stickers and the papers, alpha stickers are also from the same paper collection. Big flower is by Petaloo and the small one I made myself using Sizzix dies and Prima bling for the centre.

Hope you like the page, enjoy your day and thank you for visit and any kind comments.


  

12 comments:

  1. WOW!!! I LOVE your take on the sketch. Great colors and paper choices for one GORGEOUS layout!!! LOVE the background with the inks and distressing. Thank you for creating with us. Hope you will join us again!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You work is so gorgeous Svjetlana. Love the layout, love the colours and the happiness that you have managed to express. Veoma mi se svidja tvoj post. Stvarno si umetnica. Pozdrav. xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love flowers and cards on the right ;)

    great layout !

    Thanks for joining us at The Memory Nest

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job with the sketch. I love all of the flowers. Thanks for playing along at the Memory Nest.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is really fun layout! I'm a fun of Webster's pages!
    Thanks for playing with The Memory Nest

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Svejetlana hope you are well xx
    Love your layout and inking in the background.
    Thanks for playing along at The Memory Nest

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is just so fabulous! Love all the texture on your page, and everything! Love it <3
    Thank you for playing along with us at tMN!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Svjetlana, what a fabulous layout with these delightful colors and design!! I love the playfulness, so perfect for these sweet photos!! ~ Blessings, Tracey

    Garden of Grace

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful mixed media creation!! Oooh and you attended Finnabair's workshop - hugely jealous there! WOW!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Svjetlana, I've tagged you for the Liebster Award, a kind of blog hop with questions instead of makes I hope you'll join in as I'd love to help spread the word of your fab blog.
    www.scrapthology.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  12. That trampoline looks fun, and I think you captured that happy moment in your page. :)

    ReplyDelete